Monday, April 18, 2016

Whats that Skip?

After leaving Camooweal 125 Km from Mt Isa two Kangaroos decided to commit suicide on my front end. I think I have driven close to 40,000km with a video camera but this is the first time I have hit or been hit by anything. The 2nd one is very small and I guess young. I do feel bad :(
I t was a bad end to a good day. I left Alice Spring and had some success with one of my main objectives. There wasn't anything really open in Camooweal so I stupidly pressed on the 190km to Mt Isa. This was the first time I had driven in the entire trip after dusk and it was also the first Kangaroos I had seen in the entire drive. As the guys from 'Panel Repairs' said "That's 1 from 1- Awesome!" but it may even be 2 from 1 after reviewing the video. The car is mechanically alright. No structural damage but both right hand side head lights are smashed and the front driver door wouldn't open at first. This was simply due to the front quarter panel being pushed back preventing it from opening. I went back but only saw one dead Kangaroo - the larger one, amid the ruins of the Falcons front end. Panel repairs got me driving again in 15 minutes free of charge which I really appreciate.
Before

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so that is what it looks like when a Kangaroo jumps out in front of you... Hang in there, she'll buff out!!

    ReplyDelete