Monday, May 2, 2011

waiting in LA

Just went to REI in Tustin, LA and ordered a Scott bike. I asked for it in a box and they said they will find the model I was after. It was still in a box from the manufacture but they will have to assemble it then disassemble it and put it in either the same box or another bigger box. I said with my limited cycle knowledge and the bike nuts at work there would be no issue assembling it but they have to do it by law.
Am leaching free wifi from the home depot store across the road eating in a fast food place waiting till 8pm to pick up the bike in a box. It's 3pm now so will probably watch a movie or something. I don't really feel like taking on the LA freeways and traffic.
Tomorrow I have to get the car steam cleaned and detailed ready for export and have a place lined up to do that. Just waiting to find out where the depot is for the transporter and then I will find a hotel nearby. After that it's off the the airport for some more waiting time.

5 comments:

  1. "Hey, thats a nice bike..." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the great American dream : fast food and free wi fi from Home Depot.

    Hope you upsized to a gallon cup of cola. Sorry, I wanted to get that line in and figured this might be my last chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's my bike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cameron, do you have your rsa token with you? I need you to work on a public folders issue tonight. Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad from Home Depot2/5/11 21:15

    That's you with the HP laptop in the KFC across the street doubling-down, right? We're on to you Cameron!

    ReplyDelete