Monday, July 28, 2014

Upgrade

The receptionist was having some trouble mashing the keyboard coherently and so after a futile 5 minutes called over the duty manager who with raised eye brows announced I now had an upgrade in room and thanks for patience. Words mentioned were "King Sized", Premium and 21st floor. Surely this means a horizon view and possible major monument vistas!?!
At least the lights from Time square play over the white wall at night adding a blade runner feel to it.

I caught the subway down to Katzs deli the next day after seeing it on a number of TV shows. The weather is nice in the mid 70's but I have never been on a subway where its hotter under ground than above. Not sure why but it dowsnt appear high pressure water or steam technology has made it to the subway yet. Every surface looks and feels like it needs some attention although the carriages are clean.
Some parts I have been to look like a war zone.

The sandwhich was extreme:

I am near central park lurking around the studio for the Daily Show. I will keep doing walk byes until I see a line form then join in.


1 comment:

  1. Firstly nice sandwhich, although I don't think it is right that they went all skimpy on the cheese.

    Did you pass through Grand Central? Now I remember that being a cool place.

    btw, when you're on the subway, if a rapper dude hops onto your train and tries to sell you his cd for a buck, don't feel obligated. I bought one, and later found out he sells about a million of them each year.

    Take care, and enjoy Cam.

    ReplyDelete