Monday, August 11, 2014

In Colombia I was staying in a place so bad I was the only tenant. Shitsville, SC.
I did some shopping at an REI store in Charlotte then went to the NASCAR hall of fame. It was pretty good though I was a bit underwhelmed. It was interesting but probably better as a kid or taking a kid there.
 I didn't see KY Bush's Gibson in any of the display cases (NASCAR In joke: when presented with the winning trophy, which is a Gibson Guitar, he smashed it on the track trying to be like a rock star and thus earning my Life Time Wanker Award)

 To be honest I actually enjoyed going to the Rousch Fenway race HQ more as they had some great displays and, I imagine, all the race trophies and paraphernalia of a life of racing for a large team
The cars were not props, and there was a lot of them, as they are in the condition they ended the race in.
I had assumed the driver keeps the trophies??? Maybe they had donated them - I am not sure.
After that and having a look at the Richard Petty Motorsports base which is right next door I had a look at the race track then drove to a town called Marion.
I just had the best BBQ ribs I have ever had and am sitting in the car leaching wifi from the inevitable town McDonald's.

Half rack(10) ribs are on the left plate. I ate them with a fork they were that tender and juicy. Nuggety things are made of corn and are quite nice. I didn't touch the beans and the round balls are called Hushpuppies - unidentifiable ingredients but tasty. Right plate has cheesy fries covered in their BBQ pulled pork: Unbelievable. They are more like Australian chips and not the usual thin greasy french fries. Next hotel I stay at I will post more as I am missing some good days on some WWII Museums.



3 comments:

  1. Damn, I was expecting the Hall of Fame to be like the Nascar heaven. Great shots. Look forward to seeing the rest at the hall of fame and the race shops pics. Further to the Kyle Busch Gibson fiasco, he smashed it right in front of the guy who would have had countless hours in painting the guitar. Then he had to nerve to tell him he was just sharing it with the rest of the team, yeah, good one. The guy was pretty mad.

    No Ambrose meet and greet Cam?

    Damn, that feed, thats not something I like to see when I'm still an hour out from hooking into my lunch.

    Great update. Enjoying all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, how good is that pic of the Kenseth car. As you said, it looks like they rolled it off the truck after the race, and straight onto display. More race car shots, more more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony Abbott12/8/14 03:53

    Where is the Like button?

    ReplyDelete