Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back and Forth on the Colorado Plateau

Well it seems I may have underestimated the Grand Canyon. It's different to Zion and hard to say which is better. I like Zion because you drive through the canyon floor with the massive sandstone cliffs towering above. The Grand Canyon is well... epic.

West Entrance Zion


Obligatory Cougar shot

Bryce Canyon

Vermillion Cliffs

Navaho Bridge

Lake Powell

Glen Canyon Dam

Colorado River...

I finally got a hat today at Glen Canyon dam. All the ones I have seen so far looked like truckers caps. Sorry to anyone in advance that wears them but I think in wearing one I would need an accompanying T Shirt with the logo "I'm with stupid" and an arrow pointing up at my face. If APEC comes to Bullhead City, Arizona I am sure the nations delegates will be wearing a truckers hat as official costume but the shirt will have the same logo, just with a 3 headed arrow pointing left, up and right.
Tonight I am in the Super 8 west, Flagstaff Arizona. If the camera battery hadn't of dies I would put in more photo's.

2 comments:

  1. Mrs B is jealous :-)17/4/11 04:42

    The Grand Canyon was one of the most beautiful and spectacular sites we ever saw in the States - nothing else like it - just magic :-) Both Nevada and Arizona are my most favourite states - absolutely awesome scenery.

    Love all these pics Cameron :-) We stayed at La Quinta Hotel in Flagstaff (also a beautiful place). Have fun and enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17/4/11 04:56

    Great pics Cam - it is good fun zooming in on Google Earth to see the fantastic perspective,
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete