Saturday, April 16, 2011

Canyon Fever

really shitty WIFI so had to wait to post. Went through Black Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Red canyon then Zion Canyon. Bryce was a $25 ripoff compared to Zion Canyon which is probably the most spectacular natural feature on the planet and that includes Kylie in those Gold hot pants. Yeah those ones. So good I decided to go back through it so yesterday I drove from the east gate through the west gate to a town fast food strip called Hurricane where I stayed in the Travel Lodge. Hurricane is at the foot of a series of steps off the Colorado Plateau. Today I will drive back through the west gate back through the park, out the east gate then onto the Grand Canyon (north rim) and Glen Canyon dam. Have a look at Zion National Park in Google Earth. Awesome.  How they can sully such a spectacular geologic formation with this place is beyond me.

I think I have been lucky with the weather so far. I have had just one bad afternoon of snow and sleet. On the Weather channel there have been constant reports of heavy hail and tornado's in states I have driven through so hopefully any bad weather will hold off for the rest of my time here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous16/4/11 16:51

    Cam
    I had a detailed look on Google at Zion Canyon and also the Grand Canyon so you have a great experience ahead of you. Off to Mike's for lunch today.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete