Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wyoming - the Equality State....

Great state slogan. However Wyoming makes up for it by having some amazing scenery. The Painted valley around Dubois and the road to the Grand Teton national park are the best I have seen so far but it's the park itself that looks the best. I am disappointed that Yellowstone is shut mainly because it is a super volcano and I wanted to go see that. I have been to 2 others in Sumatra and on Kyushu in Japan. there's another that forms the big lake on the North Island of New Zealand and The long valley in California. That's all that I know of.

Unfortunately it started raining south of Idaho Falls, which then turned into sleet, wet snow and dry snow. The car has a leak in the driver side foot-wall so it drips onto my feet whilst driving. The heater works well but could barely keep up with that and defrosting the screen. I decided to stay in a motel in Malad City in Southern Idaho. The snatches of scenery I saw looked good so I don't want to miss the transition it must take into Salt Lake City and the big salt lakes of Utah. The camera is in the car and it is raining or sleeting I am not sure which. The motel owner said there was meant to be 3 inches of snow tonight so will be interesting if so.
I saw this out in the car park:
I doubt he holds up traffic while going up hills.

1 comment:

  1. Cam, love the images you are posting from that part of the country.

    When you get to Arizona, this might be an interesting stop.

    http://www.meteorcrater.com/

    Keep up the good work, hope the new tyres are proving better.

    Stay safe mate, up there in the snow.

    ReplyDelete