Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cascades

I got the snow chains finally, I hate traveling on Sundays as everything is shut, and headed up to Crater Lake.There's nothing wrong with going sideways up a hill in 1st gear whilst trying to slow as possible.
Here's the view from the rim:

If you play with the colour, saturation, hue and gamma in the 2nd shot it does look like water...
Cougar in the snow

I only had a short period up on the rim as the snow started to melt through my sandals and socks and freezing my toes.
The way back down was a bit hairy as the snow got a lot heavier but with the chains in the boot the car was transformed into the ultimate snow mobile.
I am staying in Stevenson, Washington which is on the North side of the Columbia river across this bridge and down the river about 5 km's  15km's.

Oregon from Washington

It is in the Colombia River gorge that is up to 1200m high in places and cuts through the Cascade Range.


Stevenson is around the bend on the right

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing pics Cam. Nice job on the snow stage of rally america. Okay sandals in the snow, tough! but doing the sandal/sock combo, points taken back ;)

    ReplyDelete