Monday, April 4, 2011

Terminal Nightmare

Well that really sucks. I missed my flight by ohhh must have been all of  at least 1 minute. Unbelievable. They close the gates 10 minutes before and I was at the gate at 7:20 according to the time on my Smart phone synched to a Cesium Atomic clock on a fairly regular basis. I then sat and watched the plane till the ramp was disconnected at 7:32 and then taxi out at 7:37.

I wonder if the pilots can see the Birdie in the window?

So I was booked onto the next Delta flight from Chicago to Minneapolis but the next connecting flight to Mason City, Iowa was a 6 hour wait. Free WiFi in the US has so far proved to be tied to the consumption of Junk food and/or Effluent coffee given exotic names to fool the consumer into believing it's not as bad as it really is. Star Bucks epitomises this.

These are two really large airports with Chicago O'Hare being the main hub for United/Continental and Minneapolis Delta. I think I have been too larger or newer or busier airports but these two seem to have an additional scale to them.
At least I have internet sharing on my phone so I was able to book accommodation in Mason City and will only lose 18 hours or so.

1 comment:

  1. Have you doubled-down yet Cameron?

    PS Mark says you have some spare room in your shipping container. Can you upgrade to a refrigerated container and bring me back 100 cases of Oreo ice cream cookies?

    ReplyDelete